Here are the Rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here's my "unspectacular quirks" (the only kind I have):
1. My alarm clock is set 36 minutes ahead. (It started out as 30 minutes, but the buttons are kind of wishy-washy.) When it goes off in the morning, I love knowing that it's not really the time it says and I can push the snooze button at least 2-3 times before I actually have to get up. "Why don't you just leave it on the real time and then set your alarm 36 minutes ahead?" asks DH. Well, because that wake-up time looks a lot earlier. It's all psychological.
2. I love glitter. I fell in love with it as a first-grader and my love is forever. My 2 boys never fell for it the way I did, but my daughter has a casual enough relationship with it to give me an excuse to make my own glitter picture whenever she does. Maybe I'm just easily fascinated by shiny objects.
3. I am very proud of the handful of songs I can play on the guitar: "Today" by John Denver, "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty, "Book of Mormon Stories," a little bit of "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer, "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and, thanks to my guitar lesson yesterday, the first two lines of "Dueling Banjos." Chords only, but someone could still sing while I play them.
4. I have what I think could be called a dislike for excess. I can't stand overt displays of unnecessary financial prowess (ex: the new "Croatian village" neighborhood in our town; complete with a lake, Mediterranean-looking architecture and a "Croatian" Starbucks - in Texas, for crying out loud). A "let's buy/build/make it just because we can" attitude, if that helps to explain it. I'm also an avid coupon user and I get excited about any bargain I find, both of which I'm sure are related to my dislike of excess. (So might my lack of attention to style, which I have suffered from since high school.)
5. I can't stop having this recurring dream that I go back to the ice cream parlor I waitressed at during college and try to waitress there again . And it's always at the Friday night rush.
6. I'm ashamedly addicted to old TV shows. M*A*S*H, Brady Bunch, Cheers, Mork & Mindy - these are a few that our DVR has been programmed to record at various times and how I've spent many I-can't-sleep nights. I wish they played reruns of Sesame Street - I love all the old Bert & Ernie sketches. This all means that I probably watched too much TV as a kid.
Quirky, unspectacular me. I hereby tag